Monday, November 19, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!


Something happened last month that really shook my world and I haven't shared the story with very many people. Most everyone who knows me knows that I have an eighty-five pound Weimaraner named Max. He is MY dog. He’s the kind of dog that will get between me and my husband when we play fight. He is the dog that follows me from room to room for no apparent reason. Max has his own recliner, next to mine. Undeniably, Max is…my dog.

Max has more than one bad habit. His absolute worse bad habit, however, is when he recognizes one of our vehicles coming up the drive; he runs up and circles the vehicle as if he’s herding us into a corral.
 

On October twenty-first I pulled into the driveway and cut it too close. I hit my precious Max with my truck pinning him against the fence. It was Sunday evening so we rushed him to the emergency vet in Humble. We were sure he would need stitches to close the gashes on his leg. It turned out to be much worse than we expected.

Monday morning we carried our morphine drugged puppy to an orthopedic doggy surgeon who confirmed the E/R vet’s diagnosis that the tendons had been sheared off Max’s left rear hawk and he needed pins and wires to put him back together again.

That’s when you ask the all-important question…how much is this going to cost us? Let’s just say, if you’re thinking about a profitable career path, don’t rule out animal orthopedics. Neither Dan nor I could bear to part with him, (which would have been our only option in the past) so he underwent the surgery.

Four weeks later the poor guy is still in a bandage and for the most part, gimps around on three legs. So what is the spiritual takeaway from this story?

1.      God will make a way, even when there seems to be no way.

2.      We had the money to pay the original estimate on the surgery left in our account after paying our bills and tithe.

3.      I’m thankful beyond measure that I didn’t have to make a life and death decision on my dog, no matter how dumb he can be.

4.      God knows just what we need when we need it and will provide it for us.

Happy Thanksgiving week! Love your God, love your family and love your dog. And remember, go TEXANS!
Oh and before I forget, here's this week's list of THANKSGIVING verses.

Sunday, November 18, 2012 – Psalm 79:13

So we, Your people and sheep of Your pasture, will give You thanks forever; we will show forth Your praise to all generations.

Monday, November 19, 2012 – 1 Thessalonians 5:18

In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 – Colossians 3:17

And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 – 2 Corinthians 9:15

Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!

Thursday, November 22, 2012 – Psalm 107:21

Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness and for His wonderful works to the children of men!

Friday, November 23, 2012 – Colossians 4:2

Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving.

Saturday, November 24, 2012 – Psalm 105:1

Oh, give thanks to the Lord! Call upon His name; make known His deeds among the peoples!

No comments: