Wednesday, December 12, 2007

THE STAR by Annette O'Hare


Beautiful Bethlehem star so bright,
Your radiance to celebrate this one holy night.

To announce the birth of the newborn King,
Let heaven, nature and all creation sing.

Your brilliant beams of heavenly light,
Lead wise men through the dark desert night.

To the place where God’s perfect love,
Descended from heaven above.

You shine on the One God gave us,
You shine on Him who will save us.

One bright star, one holy night,
One Savior born to make the whole world right.

Beautiful Bethlehem star so bright,
Shine your joy 'round the world on this one holy night.

5 comments:

nettiefudgesworld said...

A touching and inspiring piece. Thank you for sharing your heart. Loved "The Star."

nettie

Kaitlin a.k.a. Gilbert said...

You are awesomely talented. God has truly blessed you with a might gift. I am so happy that you use it to bring glory to Him!

Annette O’Hare said...

Thank you guys. It's all very easy when you have the One Perfect Muse.

Melisa said...

Great to see you tonight and meet your Love. You've inspired me to try my hand at a Christmas poem. I've never done that before.

jer37 said...

I love this piece. Merry Christmas Daughter, I'm so happy to be home to celebrate this most Holy gift with my family. Dad