Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007


Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His love endures forever.
Give thanks to the God of gods. His love endures forever.
Give thanks to the Lord of lords: His love endures forever. Psalm 136:1-3

It was a sad kind of strange Thanksgiving for our family. We had to spend it without my father, Teddy. No, he’s not dead! He is in Hell however…Minnesota! No offense Minnesotans, it’s just that being anywhere that ain’t Texas, and not even having your family to console you is Hell indeed. It depressed us so, that my mom and I couldn’t even bring ourselves to cook a Thanksgiving meal. Well, maybe we’re kind of lazy too. Nevertheless, we loaded up the troops and headed for Black Eyed Pea. I have to admit it was quite good too!
Teddy called during our meal with a humorous story. He and his partner Jim, having vowed to not shave or cut hair until the dreaded Minnesota job is finished, went out on a quest to find a free meal at one of the local homeless missions since they looked the part of men needing a helping hand. He was joking. We all got a good laugh out of it.

He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy.
Job 8:21

Thank You God for laughter. Thank You God for allowing me to grow up in a family that always laughed, even when all we had to laugh at was each other. Thank You God for blessing me with a husband and children that make me laugh daily. Thank You God for friends that I can laugh with. Thank You God that I have a Savior who gives me the ability to laugh in the face of adversity. Thank You God for Jesus!

4 comments:

Melisa said...

Ah, yes. Thank you Lord for laughter!

nettiefudgesworld said...

Yes, God does have a sense of humor and that's why he gave us family. Got to love 'em. HA!!

nettie

Kaitlin a.k.a. Gilbert said...

LOL!!!! would love to be a fly on the wall at your family reunions!!! :D

jer37 said...

Sweetheart, I loved this piece. Do not let ANYTHING keep you from accomplishing this calling. You have a gift. I am so proud. Dad