Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What's In A Name - The Names of God - ADONAI

The name, Adonai, means Lord..Master
According to www.thefreedictionary.com, the word Master means: One that has control over another or others
There are several instances of master/slave (servant) relationships in the Bible; some good, some not so good. This reference of God as our Master refers to a loving, caring, master who gives the utmost of care to his servants.

I imagine it to be like the relationship between a war dog and his master. These animals are 100 percent obedient to the one who controls them. Why? They are trained to, but also…because he loves the master and the master loves him.


To You I lift up my eyes, O You who are enthroned in the heavens! Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their master, as the eyes of a maidservant to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to the LORD our God. Psalm 123:1-2
God is the only Master who gives more to his servants than is given to Him.

He gives us His grace
He gives us His mercy

He gives us His boundless love

He forgives our sins
He gave us His Son

For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God. Deuteronomy 10:17
Father…God…my Adonai, You are my Great Master. In You I put my trust and my faith. I praise Your holy name for loving me and taking care of all my needs like a beloved servant. All my love I give to You! Amen

Picture courtesy of: ww2incolor.com

No comments: