Monday, September 28, 2009

The Confidential Life Of Eugenia Cooper



Gennie Cooper longs for a Wild West adventure such as the ones Mae Winslow, experiences in the dime store novels Gennie reads. When the opportunity arises, Gennie jumps at the chance to board a train for Colorado in search of adventure before settling down with the drab banker in her future.

Her plans for a quick adventure are put on hold when Gennie is met with the challenge of taming the wild daughter of a widowed silver baron, Daniel Beck. Coerced into marrying Daniel to save her reputation, Gennie’s life is turned upside down in a Wild West adventure she will never forget!

I didn’t think I was a fan of westerns having read a few of Larry McMurtry’s offerings. But Kathleen Y’Barbo has the ability to weave a western that left me wanting to read more of Gennie Cooper’s story. Can you say…sequel?

This book had one of the best dun-dun-dunnnnnnn moments I’ve ever read. You know what I mean…something happens unexpectedly at the end of a chapter and you hear this sound in your head, DUN-DUN-DUNNNNNNNN!

This is the first book I’ve read by Kathleen Y’Barbo which is kind of embarrassing since she’s a good friend of mine. Now I suppose I’ll have to read some of her other books like, The Fairweather Keys Series. If they’re half as good as The Confidential Life of Eugenia Cooper, then I should be pleasantly pleased.

You can find our more about Kathleen and watch the book trailer for Eugenia Cooper on her website, www.kathleenybarbo.com.

No comments: