Friday, May 15, 2009

Swine Flu Hits Porter, Texas!


But seriously folks, Swine Flu has really put a cramp in everyone’s style here in southeast Texas. I felt it safe to post my “piggy flu dog” pic since the pandemic scare seems to be over, for now at least.

I tell you though, things got pretty touchy around here for a while. When my eight year old son learned on the news that the pig-demic started in Mexico, he openly blamed everyone of Hispanic descent for his field trip cancellation.

My little boy isn’t the only one suffering because of overreaction to the pork product plague. I’ve had two different writer’s groups cancel events due to the pig bug, and my older two children had their school trip cancelled in honor of the Porky Pig virus too.

So what does the Bible say about over-reacting? Here’s a good one: “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” Philippians 4:6 Wow! It’s really true; God does know how to handle everything!

I’m relatively sure there is no Swine Flu Avenger coming to eradicate hog hay fever. There’s likewise as much chance the human race will unexpectedly give up worrying about things like soo-ey sickness. We can, however, listen to the One who holds our future in His hands and turn to Him when things like the boars head bug rears its ugly snout!

1 comment:

nettiefudgesworld said...

Love it, my friend. And I agree with you. The Lord does take care of us. We need to remember His promises more often.

nettie