Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day 2008

I’ll never forget my first time to vote in a presidential election. November 6, 1984, the candidates were Ronald Regan and Walter Mondale. I felt with all my heart that my single vote would be the determining factor of the election. Well—my candidate did win.

It wasn’t my first time to vote. You see, I didn’t turn 18 until the year following the 1980 presidential election. So when I was eligible to vote, I made sure I was the first in line. (But I didn’t quite make it.) It was 1982, and the candidates were Jim McConn and Kathryn J. Whitmire. It was the Houston mayoral election. I remember it so well; bubbling in that scantron paper, making a difference in my world, one pencil mark at a time. My candidate didn’t win that election. Oh well, you can’t win ‘em all.

I’m not voting on this Election Day 2008. Why, because I voted two weeks ago. I don’t like standing in lines. I’m not going to endorse a candidate. But I will give a personal quote from a dear friend.

“If Obama wins, we will become an “Obama-nation” before God.”

What can I say, but VOTE EARLY AND VOTE OFTEN!

1 comment:

Pmcd9 said...

You should give credit to the Obama Nation pun to Jerome Corsi