Tuesday, March 11, 2008

First Place...Success!


This past Sunday marked the end of my first ever “First Place” Bible study. The class began on January 6, 2008 and went ten straight weeks. I’m proud to announce a sixteen and a half pound weight loss. God revealed a couple of things to me during this Bible study I’d never realized before. You see, for most of my adult life, I convinced myself that if I had a beautiful, thin body, I would probably be tempted to do things that a little fat girl would never think of doing. God showed me that these thoughts came directly from Satan. Another thing I realized in the study is that I had been trying to lose weight to please three very wrong people…me, myself and I! The main reason anyone should lose weight is to give God a healthier temple in which he can dwell—period.

I didn’t make any major diet changes; suffering with Crohns Disease, that’s almost impossible. Having to avoid most common diet foods such as salad, raw vegetables and citrus, I have to make changes where I can. So here they are…

Annette’s top five diet tips:
NUMBER 5 - 100 calorie packs
They have everything from Doritos to hostess snack cakes in 100 cal. packs. They’re awesome!
NUMBER 4 - Pringles Low Fat Potato Chips instead of original Lays
I don’t eat the fat free Olestra type…remember, bowel disease (that would be suicide)
NUMBER 3 - Hidden Valley Fat Free Ranch
It’s great for the occasional salad, but most of all it’s great for dipping pizza crust and low fat Pringles, and pretty much anything else
NUMBER 2 - Cut down
You really don’t need to eat half of a pizza at one sitting, save some for lunch tomorrow
NUMBER 1 - Give God First Place
When we give God first place in our lives, everything else seems to fall into place

May He give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. Psalm 20:4

3 comments:

Marcie Gribbin said...

Great post! I especially like the upsidedown scale!!

Debra said...

Ah, the journey of weight-loss seems just as trying as the journey to publication!

I have to tell ya. I have felt the same way about those thoughts, and you are right they are not from God.

I have 25 food allergies, so trying to do any diet doesn't do any good.

I have finally come to the realization to stop trying to get thin and start trying to get healthy. I eat small portions and go to Curves 3 times a week.

However, I can't help, but still feel the frustrations.

Congratulations and kudos for you!

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Deb

Paul McRae said...

Congratulations on your weight loss success. I thought you looked a little thinner the last time I saw you. Now I need to get my act together and lose some weight myself.