Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Alias Thomas A. Katt By: Bob Stewart

Alias Thomas A. Katt was a very fun read! Bob Stewart based the cat in the book on his own feline pal. The book has a twist I haven't seen since Disney's, The Shaggy Dog. Thomas the cat is in the middle of receiving the blessing of Saint Expedite when he suddenly trades places with his owner's boyfriend. He then finds out the cop boyfriend is really a criminal and a murderer. The fur starts to fly when Thomas must figure out a way to protect his beloved mistress, Mallory from the evil person she's falling for. 

Bob does a wonderful job of showing the human plight through the eyes of a kitty cat. The book is based in present day New Orleans and the description and setting are spot on. Loved the book. 

Here's the back cover copy:
When Mallory opens the cage at the animal rescue center I trot out, right into her heart. She names me Thomas, a natural enough moniker for a male cat. It is a pampered life until I enter the surreal world of “feline noir” which twists my fondest dream into my worst nightmare after switching bodies with my mistress’ boyfriend, Tom A. Katt.

My fondest dream? To have human interaction with Mallory, not limited to purring and mewing.


My worst nightmare? Mallory is now on the hit list of a killer…

The dilemma: To save her by learning to successfully masquerade as a human. My knowledge of the human world is limited to television, movies, and the books Mallory reads to me on rainy New Orleans afternoons. And, how do you use those pesky opposable digits, anyway?

The horns of the dilemma: There’s always a chance we’ll switch back, leaving Mallory in deadly peril.

No comments: