Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Little Things In Life That Matter


Today I welcome guest blogger, Jane Lyles; an educator, a Christian, a friend.
On Saturday, my daughter and I went out shopping. It was just our usual trip not looking for anything in particular and not really looking for anything special just getting out spending a little time together.
One of our stops was the Family Christian Store and as we were looking at some things we heard a mom say to her daughters, " Leave those bracelets on the table." As they laid them on the table another lady walked to the table and said, "It's okay mom I paid for them," and she quietly walked away. The two young ladies with their mom's permission ran to the other lady and hugged her and as they were leaving their mom told the other lady to have a blessed day.

Ash and I were speechless. Dear Ash was saying, "Don't cry mom if you cry mom I'll cry mom and I'm about to.” So, I just wiped my tears away and then we had one of those sweet conversations in the car about the kindness of strangers and how we are called to serve and bless others we may not know.

Just have to say "Isn't God Good!" and isn't that how His love is. He paid for our sins without expecting anything in return. Putting your faith in Him will change you and as my son once told me if you were the only person on earth Jesus would have died just for you.

Well, today is Palm Sunday and what a wonderful day in worship and in God's House. Although I had a devotional prepared today for children's choir that's not the path we followed during our weekly time in class. It began with Bucky telling me how much he enjoyed the music this morning and I asked if he had a favorite song and he said no I liked them all and I said me too. From there we discussed what the songs were about and Hannah said Jesus dying on the cross. We discussed what the kids could see on the power point and how it looked like wine on the slide that Jesus's lips were being wiped with and from there Mrs. Pam explained that it was vinegar and that was to hurt Jesus with and make him more thirsty. We discussed that because of his death on the cross we have hope and how to have that hope. Hannah explained that we just have to pray and explained how we pray. We also discussed how because of Jesus’ death we do not have to bring animal sacrifices to church. We discussed how the sacrifices were perfect and without blemish. Mrs. Pam explained the details in such a way that everyone could understand. We discussed how Jesus was the sacrifice for our sin. We also discussed what things would be like without his death, burial, and resurrection. Lillie said this world would be filled with all bad people and then we said we would have no hope. Jesus sacrificed his life, so that we have hope. It is my prayer that you have that hope and that you chose to worship our Savior each day that He blesses us with. Have a blessed Easter time as you reflect on the death and resurrection of Jesus, our Lord.

Photo Courtesy of: Paul M. McRae

No comments: