Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Interview With Annette O’Hare

Today we will be interviewing an up and coming author who I know you will want to read, well as soon as she’s published that is! Her name is Annette O’Hare. Annette hail’s from Deep South Texas, just north of Houston.

Interviewer: So tell me Annette, what are you working on right now?

Annette: Oh, so glad you asked! I’m currently working on a historical romance novel set during the Civil War.

Interviewer: Can you tell us a little bit about the book?

Annette: Of course. Main character, Margaret Logan’s fiancé is killed in the war. And to add to her misery she’s been uprooted from the magnificent city of New Orleans and moved to desolate Bolivar Point, Texas. Her father, a lighthouse keeper, is re-commissioned to man the Bolivar light only to find upon their arrival that the lighthouse has been completely dismantled because of the war.

Interviewer: Interesting. So where does the real conflict come in?

Annette: Well, the action starts when Margaret comes across a severely wounded Union soldier washed up at the bay. Because her fiancé died at the hands of the North, Margaret instantly hates this man. Much to her surprise, her parents insist on bringing him to their home to nurse him back to health.

Interviewer: Sounds Interesting! Did the book require much research?

Annette: Most people have no idea how much work goes into researching a historical novel. Fortunately I really love this part of the novel writing experience. I happen to have a connection to the lighthouse at Bolivar Point, a real place that’s featured in the book. You see, my great aunt was married to the man who bought the lighthouse at auction in 1947. One of the two houses adjacent to the lighthouse bears the name “Maxwell” which is my grandmother’s maiden name. I understand that a Maxwell currently lives in the house with his young wife. I would love to meet them.

Interviewer: Wow! That would be wonderful.

Annette: Yes, especially if I could hand them a signed copy of my book! Hi I’m your cousin. We’ve never met, but I would like to give you a copy of the novel I wrote about this lighthouse.

Interviewer: Hilarious! Well, Annette I’ve enjoyed our interview and thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to talk with me.

Annette:  And I thank you. I hope we can talk again soon so I can tell the readers about another book I have in the works for young adult readers called Puppy Ciao!

1 comment:

Dot said...

My dear this is so interesting, I just love it and can't wait to read the novel.