Tuesday, December 28, 2010

FOR THIS I AM DEEPLY SADDENED


This statement gave me great joy…

“I saw, in one enduring moment, that the God who could make the Double Helix and the snow flake, the God who could make the Black holes in space, and the lilies of the field, could do absolutely anything and must know everything --- even why good people suffer, why genocide and war plague our planet, and why Christians have lost, in America and in other lands, so much credibility as people who know how to love.” Anne Rice

And the Bible says:

“God saw all that He had made, and it was very good...” Genesis 1:31

This statement made me very, very sad…

"I remain committed to Christ as always but not to being 'Christian' or to being part of Christianity. It's simply impossible for me to 'belong' to this quarrelsome, hostile, disputatious, and deservedly infamous group. For ten years, I've tried. I've failed. I'm an outsider. My conscience will allow nothing else.” Anne Rice

And the Bible says:

“Then they asked Him, ‘Where is your father?’ You do not know me or my Father, Jesus replied. If you knew Me, you would know My Father also.” John 8:19

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in Your name drive out demons and in Your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from Me, you evildoers!’” Matthew 7:21-23

For this I am deeply saddened.

No comments: