Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Barnabas Babes :)

I don’t feel like I’m much of an asset to my critique group. If I had to grade my ability to pick out faults in other people’s work I would give myself an F-. I’ve even gone so far as feeling sorry for my critique partners. I brought them all little gifts the last time we met so they wouldn’t kick me out of the group. I make comments on their work such as, “This sentence doesn’t sound right. I don’t know what’s wrong with it, but it’s just not right.” Oh my gosh! Who says stuff like that except me? I’m really glad that all the members of my group are good Christian women who love me in spite of my sucky critiquing skills (or lack thereof.) The only thing I have to offer the group is my ability to occasionally make them laugh. Oh, and I thought up the name for the group. If you’re in my critique group; and you know who you are, thanks for being the encouragers God has called you to be. Barnabas would be proud of you.

3 comments:

Melisa said...

(in no particular order)
1. I always wondered where Barnabas Babes came from.
2. You're NOT a sucky crit partner.
3. I love the clips!
4. Without you, I wouldn't be a part of BBs. Thank you!

Annette O’Hare said...

I knew I was good for something. I got you in! Oh, and by the way, you've used too many exclamation points in your comment. Wow, I'm getting better at this crit thing already!(now look, I did it too)

nettiefudgesworld said...

Dear one, you're an asset to our group - FOR SURE!!!(yes, I got a little happy with the exclamation points, too). I love you and if I was the one grading you, you'd get an A+.

nettie